Group training categories
With personal training, there are three categories clients have to choose from:
- Group training ( 4 or more participants)
- Semi personal training (2 participants)
- One on one personal training
What is group training?
With this type of training, a personal trainer conducts a training session with four or more clients at the same time usually for one hour per session unless otherwise specified. It is a great way to create your own training group with friends, family or teammates.
Some of the benefits of group training include:
- Commitment and dedication to the group
- Customized to meet the schedule, budget & training needs of the group
- Motivation from / for others
- Great price point
- An opportunity for people with a similar interest to form group
- Fun way to be active and meet goals
Movement & Fun
There are, however, a few limitations to group training. In a group session, individuals do not have the full attention of the trainer nor will results be as quickly attained as would be possible with 1 on 1 personal training session. However, ultimately the “fun” aspect of group training and the motivation it brings can be a valuable trade off.